Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rediscovering How Good Food Tastes

Have you ever noticed how good food tastes when you are hungry? There is no greater seasoning than hunger. : )

While I'm eating less and trying to lose these last 20 pounds, I've noticed that I'm enjoying every single bite I take. I pay attention to texture and flavor and appreciate every calorie.

I guess overeating dulled my senses. I was eating all I wanted to get to a state of fullness, but I was sacrificing the full enjoyment of my food to do it. I had forgotten how delicious an apple can be or how amazing chocolate really is when you only get a tiny little square of it. Ha Ha.

I don't know what point I'm trying to make here, but I really am enjoying how good everything is tasting to me and how grateful I am for the food God gives us. I didn't realize how much I was taking it for granted.

No comments: