How did your first week go?
I hope it was an awesome week and you saw some success on the scale. My friend, the "other" Becky in England, lost 2 pounds this week. Way to go Becky! Your blog comment showed up at just the time I needed some inspiration. I was already feeling ready to quit, and reading your email helped me refocus. Thank you!
Did you ever yell, "Do Over" as a kid? Whenever we dropped the dice on the floor during a game, or missed a shot during a game of "Pig" we always yelled, DO OVER!
Well, this week I'm declaring a do over for myself. I started Tuesday and Wednesday so motivated by this challenge. And then...
My daughter got sick, I got sick, my back went out again, hormones were raging....and I have many other excuses I won't bore you with. All week I kept saying, "All these people are paying attention now. I've got to get myself together!" But I didn't and I don't know why.
And then I weighted myself this morning. I do not have a great weight loss to report. Quite the opposite. I have a weight GAIN to report. 2 pounds. Ouch. This was anything but a stellar week.
But this morning as I'm thinking it all through, I'm thinking maybe it is a good thing for me to have a rough start. I'm hoping if any of you had a rough start, too, you won't give up and you'll just cry "do over" with me.
It's real life and losing weight is not easy. I want lasting change, so I need to look at my failures just as much as I do at my successes and ask, "Why?"
Here's what went wrong this week:
1. Thinking I've been doing this for so long now I can "keep track of it all in my head."
Yeah, that's what I thought about Natural Family planning after my first daughter was born. Ummm...we have two daughters who are only 13 months a part, so you can figure out how well I did with that! : )
2. Using food for comfort. I did not feel well this week hormonally and physically. I still don't. I have to find other ways to deal with that instead of comfort carbs.
3. No movement or exercise.
4. No water. I lived on coffee and Diet Pepsi this week. I'm not sure if this affected my weight loss, but I'm sure it isn't healthy.
Here are my goals for this week:
1. Detailed Food Journal. I cannot keep track of it in my head. It is too easy to cheat that way. I will be recording everything and planning ahead.
2. My back is hurt, but feeling slightly better today. I think some walking will do me good.
3. Water before caffeine
Here's to a better week for me! And a successful DO OVER. : )
Just because I had a rough week, doesn't mean you did. Any celebrations out there?
1. How did it go?
2. What challenges did you face? How did you handle them, good or bad?
3. Any goals for this week?
Feel free to answer any or none of these. I'm so thankful for all of your support. Don't forget to cheer each other on and visit the blogs of those who have them.
Here's me cheering you on:
Keep going! You can do it! : )
BTW- My prayer book isn't here yet. I'm hoping maybe today. I'll start blogging about that when it gets here.
Anyone watching Biggest Loser with me tonight? Go team Abby! : )
Chicken Impostor(s) - Part One
4 years ago